Friday, October 26, 2012

Designs at Winter Exhibition Show & Poem by John Stipicevich

Fall is officially here even though it's 80 degrees today in Santa Margarita. I am getting prepared for the Winter Exhibition Show at Frame Works in San Luis Obispo. The opening reception is Friday night, November 2nd at 6pm! Frame Works picked my three jewelry designs to be in the show! 

My boyfriend, John Stipicevich, created this beautiful poem to go with my designs. I love you John, You are a true poet. 

Fall
 I over slept this morning
The sun is rising later to avoid the cold mornings
 The longer darkness has my body confused 
The heater kicked on to fight off the cold as I rise
 Cooler night air stokes the fire for fall change
The menagerie of color started in summer change now
Ripe purple grapes picked for wine
Fire red leaves torch the trees
Yellow leaves float to the earth
 Golden light bathe the ocean, vineyards and pastures
 Leaves raked into piles like haystacks in the field

The coat hangs on the rack by the door
Dew covers the car windows
 The car interior needs it heat too
 I arrive on time to farm stand
 Orange pumpkins fill the field and glisten in the morning sun
Fresh picked apples wait to be juiced
All waiting for the children's harvest giving them a new home 
The sun sets earlier
I know Fall is here


No comments:

Post a Comment